The Rotary Club of Oakleigh Clayton Huntingdale has been active in the local community for over sixty years. We were formed through the merger of the three clubs resulting in a strong and vibrant team of men and women from diverse backgrounds, who work together to make your local community a better place to live.
Being part of Rotary is about friendship, community service, networking, social activity and personal development, through participation in local and international projects and regular meetings, and we have FUN doing it.
Each year our fundraising is allocated across a diverse range of local & international community activities, supported by in kind project activity. Current focus includes;
- Leadership Programme Scholarships for students at South Oakleigh College & Huntingdale Primary School and funding student participation in various development programs including: Rotary Youth Programme of Enrichment (RYPEN: Model United Nations Assembly (MUNA; Rotary Youth Leadership Awards ( RYLA) & much more.
- An annual weekend working bee at The Portsea Camp. The Camp provides a recreational environment for children, with a major focus on those who are disadvantaged and have special needs.
- Providing financial and other support for community support organisations in the local Monash precinct, including: Oakleigh CIS, Waverley CIS, Salvation Army, St Vincent de Paul, Dixon House, Best Chance
- Supporting rural communities in times of crisis – bushfire and drought relief are examples.
- Supporting organisations, including: Parkinson’s Victoria, The McGrath Foundation, and many more.
- Providing disaster relief support & accommodation through Rotary organised and funded, Disaster Aid Australia.
- Contributing to and facilitating support for Wheelchairs 4 Kids which provides wheelchairs for children with physical disabilities, most of whom live in under privileged parts of the world.
- Supporting water and sanitation projects in underprivileged and remote communities.